Free Annual Flu Vaccination
Its that time of year again for vaccination against ‘flu.
PLEASE CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
We offer it free of charge to patients who are at risk. You are eligible if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions (see below)
- are very overweight
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a front-line health and social care worker. It is your employer's responsibility to arrange vaccination for you
Additionally, for children, we recommend the flu vaccine for:
- children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition
- children aged two, three and four plus children in school years one, two and three.
Children aged between six months and two years of age who are eligible for the flu vaccine should have the flu jab.
Children eligible for the flu vaccine aged between two and 17 will usually have the flu vaccine nasal spray.
Medical conditions eligible for free flu vaccine:
For further information please click on the link below.
(Site updated 06/02/2017)