Free Annual Flu Vaccination
Its that time of year again for vaccination against ‘flu.
We have two walk-in clinics running on the following dates – just turn up….
TUESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER
FRIDAY 28TH OCTOBER
We offer it free of charge to patients who are at risk. You are eligible if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- have certain medical conditions (see below)
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a front-line health and social care worker. It is your employer's responsibility to arrange vaccination for you
Additionally, for children, we recommend the flu vaccine for:
- children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition
- children aged two, three and four plus children in school years one, two and three.
Children aged between six months and two years of age who are eligible for the flu vaccine should have the flu jab.
Children eligible for the flu vaccine aged between two and 17 will usually have the flu vaccine nasal spray.
Medical conditions eligible for free flu vaccine:
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
For further information please click on the link below.
(Site updated 05/09/2016)